Mladenovic Quit US Open doubles

Mladenovic Quit US Open doubles
Source: Web

United States Open reached to end on Saturday, as Kristina Mladenovic quit from the doubles along with Timea Babos because she was in a long contact with the tennis player who got a positive result for the COVID-19.

Earlier this week, Chris Widmaier, Untied States Open spokesperson, told a media outlet, CNN, that the player could not be declared due to health constitutions, but he was recognized as Frenchman Benoit Paire by respected L’Equipe.

He was recognized by several other players and on social media platforms, and Paire was swapped officially in a draw before the season began. Moreover, an email delivered to his agent was not returned.

Earlier in the week, Kristina Mladenovic said to reporters that she had played cards with Benoit Paire while covering his face with the mask and had been near to him. Furthermore, she even said to reporters that after this, she had been placed in the enhanced protocol plan of the tournament, or as she placed in, the ‘bubble in a bubble.’

Mladenovic Quit US Open doubles alongside Timea Babos
Kristina Mladenovic, the tennis player, Source: Web

Due to the adverse effect of the pandemic Coronavirus, with the players being traveled between the two tournament hotels and tournament grounds in Long Island. Few of them are staying at hotels, with the likes of Serena Williams and Novak Djokovic selecting for private space.

Just after the first-round singles win Monday, Kristina Mladenovic summoned her trial a ‘nightmare’ in New York.

After this, a 2nd round loss on Wednesday, when Mladenovic raged a 6-1, 5-1 lead, and 4 points in the match against Varvara Gracheva, and she described that she and other players in the biggest protocol strategies were being treated as ‘prisoners.’

On Saturday, a United States Open statement directed via an email to a media outlet, CNN, said that public health officials of Nassau Country, New York, have delivered quarantine announcements for all individual players who had long contact with a player who previously confirmed Coronavirus. As most of the players are waiting in Nassau County, the quarantine announcements avert any of those players from traveling to the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in N.Y. City.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here